Welcome! Charge is Motionhouse’s latest touring production, inspired by the role of electricity in the human body.
In an exciting fusion of art and science, Motionhouse has worked with science partners from the University of Oxford to create a spectacular multi-media performance taking audiences on a journey from the electrical charge that sparks human life. Six performers use dance and circus to delve deep into the human body, tracing the incredible story of energy in our lives.
This portal takes you ‘behind the scenes’ to the creation of Charge and brings our incredible work to BTEC and RSA based dance examinations. Here you will find an extensive range of resources to assist teachers and students in their study of the work. These include:
- the full film of the work
- contextual information about Motionhouse including roles and responsibilities of a range of personnel
- exclusive interviews with Kevin Finnan and key collaborators
- the artistic vision and creation of Charge
- a detailed scene-by-scene analysis of the production
- scientific background and themes
- a wide range of questions, tasks and lesson plans designed to deepen learning and gather evidence for assessment
- access to a video of Charge in rehearsal
- ideas for responding to a brief
We have created six exciting levels to ensure that we can meet your needs. Find out more about what each of our levels have to offer here: